Friday, July 3, 2009

All Quiet on the Wooden Front

Still nothing new to report chess fans. Sadly, none of my correspondence games are ending with interesting tactics or anything, and there are no tournaments around for me to go to. The previously mentioned cool tactic is being ridiculously drawn out by the opponent (who is now in a completely lost endgame), so it will be weeks until I can post it. That is not to mention some of my games, which thanks to my opponents constantly using vacation time and then buying more from the site, have been going on for nearly a year.

On the plus side, I am nearing completion on Dragon Quest 8, to reduce my "need to beat" video game pile to 14 titles. Next on the chopping block: Xenosaga Episode 1, followed promptly by episodes 2 and 3.

So what else is going on? I am taking Differential Equations as a summer class, seems interesting so far. Started going to chess club again, but nothing terribly interesting has gone on there either. I found out that the Hawkeye Chess Club no longer exists within the University, which is a bit of a bummer, but not too devastating to me. I do have one thorn-in-my-side person that constantly wanted me to take over the club and do all sorts of things with it, but I came here to be a student, not to be the overseer of the chess club. Besides that, I will be graduating after the fall semester with degrees in Mathematics and Anthropology, with a minor in Computer Science. Yes, thats right, 2.5 degrees in 3.5 years.

If anyone has anything that they would like to see, please let me know, since otherwise I do not know when the next actual chess-related content will be posted. I am open to Q&A type stuff too, so feel free to ask me anything.

No comments:

Like Jeremy's Chess Adventures on facebook!

Custom Search