Saturday, November 28, 2009

35. ...Ra7 36. Re8+ and a game by request


This felt rather forced, so luckily I didn't have to think much about it. Next move is coming along on Tuesday. Now, since a game from DSM or Ames was requested, I dug around and managed to find an actually instructive game from the Des Moines Fall Classic. It is my round 1 game against Gerald Hawkins, in which white relentlessly attacks and black quickly finds himself unable to defend. The game reminds me of looking through old games from the 1800s where one player never really sees their impending doom until it is already too late. Please let me know if you like seeing the games in this format or if you prefer my previous method of using diagrams once in a while.

1 comment:

Hank Anzis said...

I'll vote for Rxe8 (equally forced). I like the flash screen, but I think you need to make the surrounding font bigger in order to get the screen bigger. Did Hawkins get Bh6 from Madison-Eichhorn 2009?

Like Jeremy's Chess Adventures on facebook!

Custom Search