Saturday, January 10, 2009

Updates coming

Sorry for the extremely long delay everyone. I had a rather rough semester on both a school and personal level. Now that I have an easier semester coming I will be able to update this more frequently. In the mean time, here is an update on how things have been going:

Almost all of 2008 was a slide for me, all in all dropping to 1900 exactly from a peak of 1941 in January. I recently played in Illinois at Tim Just's Winter Open where I scored 2.5/5.0 and managed to only lose 2 points. On the bright side, I actually think I am a much stronger player than at this time last year. In the next couple days I will post a very interesting game from that tournament in which I really get to use my imagination, starting from move 2! Here is a preview:

Simpson-Madison, Tim Just's Winter Open
1. e4 d6!? (I have not played this in several years!) 2. d4 f5!?(!!) a very unique way to handle the situation. More to come later.

No comments:

Like Jeremy's Chess Adventures on facebook!

Custom Search