Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Closed Results

Every once in a while you play in a tournament and never really get off of the ground. Unfortunately, this was one of those tournaments for me. I scored 1.0/5.0, which wasn't so bad in itself, but I was playing atrociously. In 3 of my 5 games, I simply dropped material for no reason. On move 11 of round 1, I got so far ahead of myself that I missed a simple knight fork that instantly gave me a losing position. Needless to say, I just never mentally got into the tournament, and it cost me dearly. I did manage to win one game, in quite possibly the best use of castling I have ever had.

I will have an annotated game for you by the end of the week. I would have had it done today, except I am exhausted from both the tournament and having to stay up until 4:30 this morning doing homework.

No comments:

Like Jeremy's Chess Adventures on facebook!

Custom Search