Wednesday, October 14, 2009

20. ...Qg5 21. g3


I decided to avoid the Bishops of opposite color resulting after Qxf3 Bxe5 when I am not sure my pawn will be enough. So I will just see what comes of this.

I passed my Tae Kwon Do final, so I am now the equivalent of a Yellow Belt. Woo! Today is also the last day of my Badminton class doubles tournament. I am currently in the lead at 11-1 in the tournament, hopefully I will be able to avoid losses today to come out #1.

Next move will be coming on Saturday, by which point I will be 22 (Birthday on Thursday :-))

2 comments:

Hank Anzis said...

Happy birthday. Mine was last Thursday. Looks like Mr. Anonymous gave you an early present with Qc5. I'll vote for Bxe5 since it does not lose a piece.

Jason said...

I'll take credit for my Bg4 being the birthday present. Ba5 immediately would have worked out in that position with the white bishop still on h6, I think. (No Qe5 answer, since Qxe5 Rxe5 Bc7 hits both the bishop and the rook. I guess white has to play Ba5 Be3 Bxc3 Bxc5 Bxe1 Bxf8 Bxf2+ Kxf2 Kxf8 and we have our pawn back and only a slightly stinky position.)

I second Bxe5.

Like Jeremy's Chess Adventures on facebook!

Custom Search