Sunday, May 24, 2009

Chicago Open Rounds 4-5

Sorry I haven't posted the first three games yet, but here are the results from today:

Round 4: Black vs. Henry Sobo (2019)

By all accounts, a sloppy game. Neither of us played very well. I got into a horrible bind where I was forced to stick my king on d8, but then somehow generated kingside counterplay. Eventually, my opponent incorrectly tried to stop my attack, but this dropped an exchange and a pawn, and soon I had the full point.

Round 5: White vs. Brian Fiedler (2236)

I got a pretty impressive opening advantage, but was unable to do anything with it. Nothing was exchanged until move 17. Needless to say, it was a fairly closed position. Just when the center was about to open up, Fiedler abruptly offered a draw, and unable to see a path to any sort of advantage, I accepted.

Overall: 2.0/5.0, not bad considering I am a class A player duking it out against mostly Master+ players.

No comments:

Like Jeremy's Chess Adventures on facebook!

Custom Search