Monday, May 25, 2009

Chicago Open Rounds 6-7

It was a rather poor day for me on the wallchart, getting 0.0/2.0 on the day. I wasn't playing bad, I just wasn't playing as well as my opponents. Tomorrow night, I should finally have some time to post some of the games.

Round 6: Black vs. Seth Homa (2284)

Interesting Philidor that played a lot like a Dragon. I trapped his queen on h6, but had no way to attack and capture it. I missed a chance to go into an equal endgame and was soon wiped out.

Round 7: Black vs. Eric Rosen (2133)

Another Philidor, which worked out pretty well until I missed a mate threat at the end of a combination that lost a rook.

Final Results: 2.0/7.0, 5 blacks, 2 whites.

Best moment: Being told by GM Lein that I have impressive tactical vision.

Worst moment: My tactical vision failing when I played GM Lein.

No comments:

Like Jeremy's Chess Adventures on facebook!

Custom Search