Friday, August 7, 2009

Nothing Interesting at the Moment

Sorry folks, not much to report on for the past week. I've been playing blitz, but nothing has been too interesting (except for one game where I showed how little theory I know: 1. e4 e5 2. Nf3 Nc6 3. d4 exd4 4. Bc4 Be7 5. c3 dxc3? 6. Qd5 Nh6 7. Bxh6 0-0 which I somehow went on to win). My correspondence games are progressing as slowly as you would expect. Perhaps the biggest point of interest is that my 5-minute rating is up over 2000 now (previously I had not played games in this category, instead just using the generic blitz time controls) after going 6-1-1 last night (1902-->2007!). The 1902 was what my blitz rating was when USCL merged with WCN to make WCL, and this rating was applied to the 5-minute category as well, since it falls within the blitz time controls (3-14 minutes). Also of note, my bullet rating is over 1800 for the first time since 2003 when I got a gigantic rating from having my first few bullet games played against a 2800 bullet player.

As for tournaments, I am just waiting around for September when I will be playing in the Iowa Open (perhaps for the last time if I get a job far away upon graduation). Aside from that, no tournament news.

In correspondence tournaments, I am currently leading my group in Round 2 of the Ruy Lopez Thematic tournament on Chess.com with 6.0/6.0 with 2 games to go. I am up a pawn in one, and and im a slightly inferior middlegame in the other. I just need 1 point to guarantee moving on to the next round.

No comments:

Like Jeremy's Chess Adventures on facebook!

Custom Search